Thursday, May 5, 2011

Picture Day Dress

Yesterday, Wednesday, was picture day at school. On Tuesday I realized this and decided that Marion needed a new dress. All of the sudden many of her dresses are getting too short. And we have a rule that your butt always has to be covered.

Fortunately it only took me two hours and she LOVED it and was very happy to wear it.

The pattern is one that I have had in "the pile" for about two years. It is McCalls M5458, view B. I cut size 3 and left the length at size 6. It is about the right length but the neck line is a little too low cut. If I make it again I will raise the v in the neck.


I made a few changes to the pattern. The back was supposed to have a casing with a draw string in it. I decided that was just too much trouble and I made it a basic simple tie back.

It is a basic Kimono shape and is super sweet, while being a little bit different and not just the typical girlie girl dress. She added the fairy wings and said that she could fly. I think it really makes the outfit. And through the magic of digital photography and the internet her school pictures are already ready, and turned out fantastic. Yes grandmas you will be getting some.


Hope you are having a great day!
Peace Out - C

2 comments: